Monday 1 August 2011

Catastrophical cardamom custard tart.

This was originally meant to be written on the first of August but I wrote it and I accidentally deleted it and simply didn't feel up for the task to write it again until now. So here it comes for those who have been waiting for this update.

A custard tart is almost as traditionally English as it gets. I've never had it or baked it before. And that is not strange, considering it is hard to even find a translation of the word custard into Swedish. I have found a translation for it, however it doesn't sound very appetizing so I am still pondering on how I will translate it into Swedish.

And now to why I named this entry "Catastrophical cardamom custard tart". It's not because it didn't turn out, it was really tasty and fun to make. There was however some frustrating parts that could have gone smoother. For example when making the base, even though I used baking beans to keep the pastry from crawling down the edges it still did it too much for my liking. It was to that extent that when I poured in the custard later it overflowed completely, so I had to clean and then try to move it again without spilling, but of course I spilled. Over and over again. Well enough about my failures with making this dreamy custard tart.

Here is the recipe for those who would like to try and make this tart.
http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/gordon-ramsay/cardamom-custard-tart-recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment