Friday 28 October 2011

Dutch inspired apple pie

Yes, another apple pie. It's just the right time for them right now is it not? The back story for this is well, my girlfriend went to Amsterdam and sort of ordered me to learn how to bake a Dutch apple pie. I really enjoyed doing it though but when I read that a Dutch apple pie usually is decorated with lattice style pastry on top I didn't really feel up for the task. I've never been good at decorating my cakes/pies, especially with pastry. I remember the first time I did it, I was making a chicken pie I think and I was supposed to make little leaves out of the left over pastry. Let's just say they didn't really look like leaves. Anyway I really enjoyed making this and it tastes amazing I can see why she wanted me to bake it.
I would like to think that this pie is quite like the traditional Dutch apple pie but I decided to call it Dutch inspired.

Recipe:
Pastry
Filling
The recipe is based from a recipe in the book, Warm bread and Honey cake by Gaitri Pagrach-Chandra.



No comments:

Post a Comment